New real time web application framework based on qooxdoo.
itg
2016-03-31 23:05:33 UTC
I'd like to introduce Wisej to the qooxdoo community. We have been working
with qooxdoo for over a year to build http://wisej.com - a real time web
application framework for C#, Visual Studio (or SharpDevelop.)

We have extended qooxdoo a lot and will be very happy to contribute back to
the qooxdoo open source project as soon as the transition is over.

The beta will start at the end of April. Beta participants will received a
free developer license.

Don't worry, this is my only announcement.

Regards,
Luca
Ice Tea Group

John Spackman
2016-04-01 07:15:12 UTC
Hi Luca

That looks really cool! I’m looking forward to my beta :) I have a few questions (well lots actually ;) but here’s a few for now...)

Does the UI designer generate native Qooxdoo apps? And could this be used independently of a .net backend?

How does the theme builder work? That looks like a lot of work and hugely useful.

What’s a “failsafe Websocket connection”?

Cheers
John
itg
2016-04-01 11:12:51 UTC
Hi John,

Thank you! To answer your questions:

- No. The designer and the framework create .NET apps that run in IIS (just
like an ASP.NET/MVC app - in the future we will try to add support for
apache and nginx and linux/mono). There are dozens of controls and extenders
that cover all common controls plus many new ones. It can incorporate most
third party javascript widgets, including jquery stuff. You build a web app
just like you'd build a regular desktop app, hit run and it works. It's a
real time web app because everything in the client is in live sync with the
server through small differential json packets. We already have several
*very* large LOB apps built like this but using a different less-efficient
framework which will be replaced soon by wisej/qx. Qooxdoo for us is the
perfect javascript library for our client framework implementation. However
wisej is built to be able to work with other frameworks like dojos, but so
far we have no plans to do so and qooxdoo is by far superior in my view -
and I tested all of the other framework (including extjs, wijmo, dojo,
kendo, and others) before we decided to use qooxdoo.

- The ThemeBuilder is a standalone exe that manages a single JSON file
containing the entire theme definition. It includes a builtin theme
previewer and can theme a running app. The JSON file is used by one our
extensions to qooxdoo which is a theme roller qooxdoo class that generates
qooxdoo themes from the json. It supports mixin (partial) theme files as
well. This is one of the many things that we will be happy to split from
wisej and contribute to qooxdoo.

- wisej works using regular http/https and/or websocket (ws or wss) if
available. WebSocket allows for push updates to the client. It's built to be
failsafe meaning that if the client cannot use websocket it falls back to
http. If the client terminates the connection temporarily, when it
reconnects wisej creates a new websocket connection and restores the entire
state without losing anything.

I hope this answers your questions. Please contact me if you have any other
questions. We will update the web site with more information and
documentation (msdn style) as we approach the beta and later to the release.

Best,
Luca

slah
2016-04-05 10:33:13 UTC
Hi Luca,
please consider adding me to Beta Testers, I'm really fascianted by the idea
and the result, especiallay the theme builder, among others.

Regards,

itg
2016-04-05 13:56:56 UTC
Hi Slah, thank you!

We are looking forward to starting with the beta. In a few days there will
also be a short video on http://wisej.com.

Best,
Luca