Qooxdoo api viewer for older versions
bharath
2016-07-22 09:55:37 UTC
Hello there,

It appears that lot of documentation pages and api viewers of older Qooxdoo
version are removed. I was trying to find api viewer for Qooxdoo 3.0.1
version ( Api Viewer <http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.1/apiviewer/#qx> ), which
I bookmarked, but unfortunately all I see is "oops ... this page does not
exist".

I have also bookmarked several other pages like the page which explains
migration Qoodoo to 3.x ( link
<http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.1/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.html> ).
All of them are gone

Will these pages be restored at some point soon? Those pages were really
helpful and I hope they are not removed permanently.

Regards,
Bharath

Tobi Oetiker
2016-07-22 11:55:11 UTC
hi bharath

in the transition to the new infrastructure we only kept the last bugfixed relese of each series

I will put some links in place ... to make the old urls work again

try 3.0.2

cheers
tobi

Tobias Oetiker
***@oetiker.ch
062 775 9902
Tobias Oetiker

www.oetiker.ch ***@oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902
bharath
2016-07-26 10:43:52 UTC
3.0.2 api viewers works. Thanks a lot!

Cajus Pollmeier
2016-07-22 11:57:38 UTC
Hi Bharath,

I personally tend to not restore them all. We've the latest major
version copied over from 1&1.

3.x is rather old now. Maybe it would be better to migrate the code to
5.x in order to have top of the line browser support.

But - maybe you can't for whatever reasons. I also have such projects
around ;-)

What you can do:

* use 3.0.2 links
  http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.2/apiviewer/#qx
  http://www.qooxdoo.org/3.0.2

* generate the stuff you need locally

  $ cd framework && ./generate.py api
  $ cd api && python -mSimpleHTTPServer

  Browser to the port displayed on the CLI, and there is
  your API browser.

  For the docs, you need sphinx if you've a bare checkout. If
  you don't have one, the manual should be pre-generated in the
  framework tarball.

  You can just move the documentation/manual directory to your
  favorite webserver or start the above "python -mSimpleHTTPServer"
  in it.

HTH,
Cajus
Post by bharath
[...]
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and
protocols are
consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for
NetFlow,
planning
reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev
bharath
2016-07-26 10:59:29 UTC
Hi Cajus,

I cannot migrate to 5.x unfortunately. We had two applications with 2.x and
we successfully migrated one of them to 3.x, and we are planning to do the
same with another application.

We only had to do minor changes while migrating from 2.x to 3.x (changing
the code for decorators etc). We are worried we might have to update too
much code if we migrate to 5.x. I shall give it a try and check the
migration log, but I am afraid I can't make the final call here

Many thanks for the links and additional suggestions.

Regards,
Bharath

Tobias Oetiker

Tobias Oetiker
2016-07-22 14:28:28 UTC
Hi Bharath

I have put a redirector in place to automatically send you to the 'latest'
branch version ...

cheers
tobi