Qooxdoo generate doesn't support ... operator?
deniska
2016-05-05 13:57:27 UTC
Hi, all.

I'm trying to generate my app and I'm getting this error message:

Unknown operator u'..' (pos (10, 12))

On the following line:

arr = [...arr];

Now I can get around this by wrapping this line with eval(), which gives me
just a warning, but I would definitely love a more permanent solution for
this.

Thanks,
Denis.

Derrell Lipman
2016-05-05 14:03:36 UTC
What is the ellipsis? Is that something in ES6? What does that statement
mean?

Derrell
Post by deniska
Hi, all.
Unknown operator u'..' (pos (10, 12))
--
http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/Qooxdoo-generate-doesn-t-support-operator-tp7588326.html
Reed
2016-05-05 14:18:51 UTC
That's the "Spread operator" in ES6.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/Spread_operator

Without context, I'd guess this line is attempting to convert a generic
Iterableobject (maybe arguments) into an Array. If arr is already type
Array then this statement should be idempotent.

This helps identify Denis's issue but does not help solve it.

Derrell Lipman
2016-05-05 14:30:59 UTC
Ah, ok. So the problem here is that the qooxdoo generate.py utility does
not recognize ES6, and thus the error.

Someone is working on a pure-JavaScript replacement to the generator
(@johnspackman maybe?) which might support ES6. Hopefully whoever that is
can comment. Otherwise, you may need to replace your ES6 statements with
more traditional JavaScript so that generate.py groks it.

Cheers,

Derrell
John Spackman
2016-05-05 15:00:09 UTC
Derrell’s right, it’s the generator’s parser that’s objecting.  If you can try qxcompiler, please do so and I’ll help you out as much as possible to get it working.

It’s still beta officially, but there’s a rather long discussion here that covers the how to get started:

http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/QxCompiler-add-ES6-faster-compilation-and-100-Javascript-API-to-building-applications-td7587992.html

Regards
John Spackman

deniska
2016-05-17 16:19:03 UTC
Hello.

Sorry for getting MIA for a while, didn't have time to check in. As I
already said, I have a workaround for that using eval(), so it's not really
a showstopper for me.

I'll check out the new build procedure when I have time, thanks!