qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js
Robert Cosgrove
2016-04-18 06:48:27 UTC
Hi all

I have been using a modified version of qx-phantom as part of a CI workflow
in a project for a while now. I thought I would make it available in case
anyone else has similar ideas. Nothing against Phantom, this is just an
alternative. Our CI environment is already tooled up with Selenium/Python
bindings but getting Phantom on it was entirely impractical. Especially
since at the time there were no 2.x binary releases. In addition to
running testrunner and returning the fail count it will optionally dump the
full report as json, xml (jUnit) or readable.

https://github.com/areaycee/qx-testrunner-selenium

Robert Cosgrove
***@griffith.edu.au
Tobias Oetiker
2016-04-20 12:17:23 UTC
Hi Robert

cool ...

in recent weeks we have started working on travis integration for
qooxdoo, there is a spearate phantom integration in the qooxdoo
repo (check out https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/.travis.yml)

ideally we would have one versatile qooxdoo test runner ...

unfortunately ours still has issues on travis ... it sometimes just
hangs ...

cheers
tobi
www.oetiker.ch ***@oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902
Cajus Pollmeier
2016-04-20 13:14:19 UTC
A little status update on that. We're currently fixing the qooxdoo
tests to run. That is not the case, even if you start it within the gui
test runner in the moment. We're down to 13 failing tests now (from >
200 on chrome).

I'm going to remove the phantomjs stuff from travis because it's
broken. Instead we've picked up the existing karma-qooxdoo adapter anr
are happily running the tests with karma now in various browsers.
Tobias Bräutigam pushed karma-qooxdoo to npm, so it will be easy to use
and is pure js. No python, no java, etc.

Not yet 100% ready, but... ;-)

Cheers,
Cajus
Robert Cosgrove
Tobias Oetiker
2016-04-20 13:34:26 UTC
Hi Cajus
Post by Cajus Pollmeier
A little status update on that. We're currently fixing the qooxdoo
tests to run. That is not the case, even if you start it within the gui
test runner in the moment. We're down to 13 failing tests now (from >
200 on chrome).
I'm going to remove the phantomjs stuff from travis because it's
broken. Instead we've picked up the existing karma-qooxdoo adapter anr
are happily running the tests with karma now in various browsers.
Tobias BrÀutigam pushed karma-qooxdoo to npm, so it will be easy to use
and is pure js. No python, no java, etc.
great ... so we will have multi browser testing on travis with real
browsers ... waaaaay cool!

https://karma-runner.github.io/0.8/plus/Travis-CI.html

cheers
tobi