Documentation (aka manual) licenses?
yybalam
2016-03-11 21:16:22 UTC
Hi folks.

Whats the qooxdoo documentation license? I'm a little bit worried about it,
you see:

Recently I've been working, or trying, to translate some part of qooxdoo
documentation (aka qooxdoo manual) to Spanish. Since the original manual
have 555 pages and I'm /almost/ alone in this translate journey, and also by
the idiosyncrasy between English and Spanish, I preferred make some kind of
/adaptation/ and avoid (for tho moment) some parts (Still WIP, actually is
yet immature).

Well, I mean, although my work has literally translated parts, it will
doesn't match word by word, either section by section.

So, under what license can I release my own WIP qooxdoo manual?

Tobias Oetiker
2016-03-12 15:22:50 UTC
Hi Yybalem

at the moment qooxdoo is licensed under the lgpl (soon to be
changed to bsd) so there is nothing preventing you from using this
in any way you see fit in your translation work as long as the
result of your work is also licensed under lgpl (to be relaxed to
bsd when qx changes its license)

cheers
tobi
www.oetiker.ch ***@oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902