GUI advises?
yybalam
2016-03-17 01:39:40 UTC
Hello all,

Recently I was searching kanban web implementations, like trello, I found
wekan. This for prepare a little laboratory with some students for develop a
simple kanban UI but with qooxdoo.

We want try to get some similar to:
https://wekan.io/b/MeSsFJaSqeuo9M6bs/wekan-roadmap#
<https://wekan.io/b/MeSsFJaSqeuo9M6bs/wekan-roadmap#>

So, our initial idea is set a global HBox composite layout and add to it
custom «column widgets» with VBox layout. But, instead of trello approach
(open a window for edit card info) we want some like wekan approach, is to
say, open a kind of «panel» just to right of a selected card.

I'm not sure the right way to do that, so if some one have any advise to
guide to me in the right way I will appreciate it a lot.

Thank you all!

John Spackman
2016-03-17 07:00:52 UTC
Hi

You can get part way there using standard layout controls but some features such as darkening the rest of the page when the mouse is hovering the pop out card would require you to implement a custom layout.

EG, a first pass could be to add the popout has a child inside your horizontal composite, and you could add padding to the active list widget; ideally, you’d write a custom list widget with a custom appearance, and the list widget would pass a “selected” state to the appearance to control the padding, but I think you could get away without going that far.

But for more sophisticated work you’d write your own layout class, for the whole UI, which would know how to separate the list widgets into columns, where to place the popout, and know when to activate a blocker to darken the rest of the UI.

John