ID for external Spellchecker in TextArea
Raymond Rösch
2016-05-10 14:59:47 UTC
Hi

I am testing spellchecker http://www.javascriptspellcheck.com/ for a
qooxdoo TextArea

in spellchecker one can define which Ids needs to be checked:

$Spelling.SpellCheckAsYouType('any_given_id');

see http://www.javascriptspellcheck.com/JavaScript_Spell_As_You_Type_Demo

Here my questions:

- How can I setup an ID for css for the qx.ui.form.TextArea ?

- can anybody tell me if this software works for German, French and
English? So far I see some problems with special chars (Umlauts Àöu and
Accents éà etc).

TIA
Raymond
Dietrich Streifert
2016-05-10 16:22:05 UTC
Hi Raymond,

Please could you re-ask your question via Stack Overflow with the
"qooxdoo" tag? We’re trying to build up a more public list of Q&A and
it would be really helpful to have your question listed there.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/qooxdoo

Thank you.

Regards
Dietrich
Post by Raymond Rösch
Hi
I am testing spellchecker http://www.javascriptspellcheck.com/ for a
qooxdoo TextArea
$Spelling.SpellCheckAsYouType('any_given_id');
see http://www.javascriptspellcheck.com/JavaScript_Spell_As_You_Type_Demo
- How can I setup an ID for css for the qx.ui.form.TextArea ?
- can anybody tell me if this software works for German, French and
English? So far I see some problems with special chars (Umlauts äöu
and Accents éà etc).
TIA
Raymond
Raymond Rösch
2016-05-10 21:51:25 UTC
Dietrich,

I found an answer:

In spellchecker one can define a css class that needs to be checked:
$Spelling.SpellCheckAsYouType('.qxSpell');
Note the . before qxSpell !

// In qooxdoo I defined a TextArea:
var text1 = new qx.ui.form.TextArea();

// and added a class:
text1.getContentElement().addClass("qxSpell");

Will it help when I ask this question in stackoverflow?

Regards
Raymond
Dietrich Streifert
2016-05-11 07:47:45 UTC
Hi Raymond,

I've seen you already posted on stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37149614/javascript-spellchecker-will-it-work-with-qooxdoo-for-french-and-german

please add your answer there as well!

This will help others.

Thank you.